Department of Computer Science & Engineering
Computer Science and Engineering was established in the year 1994. The primary goal of CSE is to provide best IT infrastructure, world class learning & research environment, adopt industry practices through industry collaborations and inculcate moral and ethical values. The alacrity of the students to learn makes it easier for the industry-trained experienced faculty to produce top-notch engineers who are being recruited by reputed companies all over the world.
To develop into a world-class School of Excellence in Computer Science and Technology excelling in
Solutions Development....as part of KITS
To create centre of excellence for budding professionals so as to equip them with strong fundamental concepts, programming and problem solving skills with an exposure to emerging technologies by providing hands-on experience; also to inculcate in them values, and leadership qualities with a zeal to serve society and to bridge the digital divide.
Graduates will have ability to:
- Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals to solve problems related to computer science and engineering.
- Identify, formulate, analyse and provide optimal solutions for computer science and engineering problems using the principles of mathematics, sciences and engineering sciences.
- Design and develop software solutions for engineering problems to address the socio-technical issues.
- Analyse the complex problems, formulate suitable mathematical model, implement using modern computational tools and evaluate its performance.
- Create, select, and apply suitable techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools after accounting their capabilities, for complex engineering activities.
- Apply the contextual knowledge to assess societal issues, requirements and provide effective IT solutions through software engineering practices.
- Understand the impact of computing technologies in societal and environmental context for sustainable development.
- Apply ethical principles and obligate to professional ethics and responsibilities in computer engineering practice.
- Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communicate effectively on computer engineering activities with the engineering community and with the diverse society through reports, documentation and presentations.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and understanding of software engineering and management principles and apply them as a member and leader in a team, to implement and manage projects.
- Recognize the need for, and engage in independent and life-long learning.