CISCO Centre of Excellence for Advanced Networking
The Department of Computer Sciences Technology had signed MoU with CISCO Systems, Bangalore on 5-11-2007. The CISCO centre of excellence on Advanced Networking available in the department provides world class networking infrastructure. The faculty members have been constantly trained by CISCO Networking Academy, to offer the latest industry relevant networking curriculum. The Department is offering the certification course CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) to the students since 2007. The course provides practical hands-on experience to the students on networking concepts during the 110 hours of the course.As per the CISCO requirements, the CCNA course is divided into following four modules:
- Networking fundamentals
- Routing protocols and concepts
- LAN switching and wireless
- Accessing the WAN
The CISCO Centre of Excellence is equipped with sophisticated CISCO hardware like routers, switches, wireless adapter, cables and PCs to effectively deliver the CISCO CCNA curriculum. Packet tracer software is also installed in computers to simulate the various network configurations and provide a better understanding on the networking concepts.
CISCO NetRiders, a National Level competition and various department level competitions related to networking are conducted regularly with the equipments available in this laboratory. Once in a year students from rural schools are invited and the equipments in the laboratory are demonstrated to motivate them to pursue their career in the networking domain.
Cisco 2811(2800 Series Router)
WS-C2960-24TT-L(2960 Catalyst Switch)
LINKSYS WRT300N(Wireless Broadband Router)
ASA 5510-BUN-K9(Adaptive Security Appliances)
NIC Card Pod
Faculty in Charge :
Mrs. Getzi Jebaleelipushpam, AP/CST
Ms. Devapriya, AP/CST
Novell Centre of Excellence for Cloud Computing
Novell enables organizations to confidently deliver computing services across physical, virtual and cloud environments. Novell focusses on designing and building Linux based software.
- The School of Computer Sciences Technology of Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences has signed MoU with Novell Software Development India Pvt. Ltd. The Novell Centre of excellence for cloud computing provides opportunities for our students to carryout cloud based projects and research. This centre features Novell's award winning products such as NetIQ & Identity Manager,SUSE Linux & Cloud. This Novell Centre of Excellence also hosts necessary infrastructure and softwares for carrying out industry oriented exercises on Applied Security,Cloud Computing and System Administration.
- The department of Computer Sciences Technology in association with Novell Software Development India pvt Ltd offers industry-oriented certifications on Novell Certified Linux associate (NCLA) and Novell Certified Linux Professional (NCLP).
- The Department of Information Technology in collaboration with Novell Software Development India Pvt.Ltd.,Bangalore is jointly offering M.Tech in Information Technology. This course provides opportunities for the students to take up challenging positions in industry or to pursue research in premier institutions/research institutes.This course is exclusively designed by Novell Software Development India Pvt.Ltd. to meet the standards set out by the software industries. The following subjects are offered as part of this course.
Access and Identity Management
Book: NetIQ Identity Manager-lecture,Novell Inc.,USA && NetIQ Access Manager-lecture,Novell Inc.,USA
Name of the Co-requisite Laboratory: Applied Security Lab
Tools used: Net Access Manager & Identity Manager
Cloud Computing Services
Book: SUSE Linux,Novell Inc.,USA
Name of the Co-requisite Laboratory:Cloud Computing Lab
Tools used: SUSE Cloud
Book: SUSE Linux,Novell Inc.,USA
Name of the Co-requisite Laboratory: System Administration Lab
Tools used: SUSE Linux
- Other Core Subjects Offered:
- Advanced Computer Architecture
- Information Storage Management
- Design and Analysis of Algorithm
- System Development Lab
- Object Oriented Software Engineering
- Soft Core Electives areas:
- Advanced Computing
- Game Design
- Image Processing
- Data Analysis
- Cyber Security
- Multimedia Technologies
Faculty in Charge :
Mr. Jeban Chandir Moses, AP/CST
Mr. Radhakrishnan, AP/CST
IBM Big Data software Centre of Excellence
The School of Computer Science and Technology has signed a MoU with IBM Academic Initiative, following which the “IBM Big Data Software Centre of Excellence” is set up with the aid of IBM India pvt ltd., on Big Data platform using IBM products. The faculties of the School of Computer Science and Technology were trained on the IBM tools, subsequent to the signing of the MoU and setting up of the Lab.
The IBM Big Data Software Centre of Excellence is an initiative with a vision to enable the students and faculty in higher education to gain the relevant skills in Big Data Analytics, experiential learning and to make them adept with latest Big Data technology and tools.
The objective of this collaboration is to have a number of students graduating from the institution skilled in industry requirements, using best-in-class IBM Software in Big Data Analytics. Both IBM and the University will collaborate in a way that shall benefit the students pursuing a career in the industry.
IBM Big Data software Centre of Excellence - Lab set up
The IBM Lab set up consists of the following hardware and software products from IBM:
The IBM Netezza 100 is an easy-to-use appliance that requires minimal tuning and administration, speeding up application development. As a commodity based appliance, IBM Netezza 100 is a very affordable analytic option, delivering up to 10 TB of user data capacity in a compact physical and environmental footprint.
The following are the value-added products (Software) provided by IBM along with the Netezza-100 appliance (Hardware)
- Data Integration & Transformation - InfoSphereDataStage Workgroup
- Hadoop Data Services - InfoSphereBigInsights Enterprise Edition
- Real-time Analytics - InfoSphere Streams Developer Edition
Data Integration and Transformation will be supported by InfosphereDataStage, Structured Data Analysis by Netezza Analytics, Unstructured Data Analysis by InfoSphereBigInsights (IBM’s flavor of Hadoop), Real Time Analytical Processing by InfoSphere Streams.
A four node Hadoop cluster with IBM Big Insight is deployed for the students and research scholars doing their project in data analytics. All the systems are connected to the Netezza appliance for training and research purpose.
The department offers IBM certification courses to students. Twelve of our faculties were trained in Big data analytics and IBM Cloud Application Development certification. Around 130 students have undergone the certification training last year. Currently IBM Cloud Application Developer Certification course is offeredby the IBM CoE.
M.Tech CSE with Specialization in Big Data Analytics
For students who wish to pursue their higher studies specializing in data analytics, the department offers M.Tech Computer Science and Engineering with specialization in Big Data Analytics in association with IBM India Pvt Ltd. IBM provides remote project assistance and curriculum support for the program.
- Two of our students Gabriel and Rinaldo Rex did their internship in IBM India Pvt Ltd, Bangalore.
- Every year during the Mindkraft, the IBM CoE organizes an “IBM Bluemix Hackathon” supported by IBM India Pvt Ltd.
LIST OF PROJECTS IN IBM LAB FOR THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2017-18
Predictive analysis of Crypto currency prices
Data analytics for optimal water usage in agricultural land of southern part of India.
Handwritten Digit Recognizer
Risk Stratification In Cervical Cancer Screening
Early Warning System For Parkinson's Disease (Pd) By Analyzing The Hand Writing Data
Automated Epileptic Seizure Recognition System
Auto Comment Spam Filtering InYoutube
Online News Popularity Estimation System
Handwriting Recognition system
Hotel Feedback Review System
Activity Recognition system from multi sensor fusion data
Score Prediction in Parkinson's Disease using multi model sparse learning
Faculty in Charges :
Mrs. A. Shamila Ebenezer, AP/CST
Mr. John Livingston, AP/CST
Computing Security Research Lab
Computing Security Research Lab is set up at the School of Computer Sciences Technology to enable the students and staff to undergo research in the various areas of security. The lab setup is shown below.
The systems are categorized as type I, type II and type II each based on their utilization.
VMware is installed in the type I systems. This will enable these systems to operate both as local servers to type II systems and as clients to users to do stand alone experiments. The type II systems will perform the java based experiments. The client/server security experiments will be done in conjunction with type I systems. The type II systems are dedicated for Firewall and Intrusion Detection System (IDS) based research.
Open source softwares such as OWASP based Webgoat, Wireshark, Fake AP, LOIC, Port scanner, SNORT, Firebug and glass fish have been loaded for research purposes. There are at present 16 systems installed in the lab. The following are some of the projects being done in the security lab.
- In the area Intrusion detection system development
- Hybrid intrusion detection system using C 5.0 decision tree algorithm
- Alarm mitigation using SHA-3 hash based contextual signatures
- Property based attestation for malicious intruder detection
- In the area of Key Management
- HIPAA-Compliant key management scheme with key recovery mechanism
- Key Management in Wireless Sensor Networks using Pair wise and Triple Key Distribution
- In the area specific to Cloud Security
- Preserving Security of Virtual Machine During Live Migration
- Dynamic auditing for secure cloud
- A fault-tolerant framework for a secure cloud data centre
- Privacy preserving using non-repudiation of origin protocol
- Trust based scheduling of workflow applications
- Multi-performance in multitask workflow for dynamic scenario
- In the area of attacks detection
Traffic flooding attacks detection using C 5.0 decision tree algorithm
List of equipments available in the facility
Dell – Vostro-3800
ACER Power Series
HP DX2000MT Series
WIPRO I-value Series
Faculty in Charge :
Dr.G. Jaspher W. Kathrine, AP/CST