Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering
Electronics and Communication Engineering at Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences has a top-level quality assessment rating for teaching, and reputation for research. It was established in the year 1986 with the intent of raising highly qualified Engineers and Researchers who can make substantial contribution to the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering. ECE has a strength of 1061 students guided by a team of devoted and diligent staff members. 20 of our faculty have completed doctorate degree. ECE has well established research labs in the fields of VLSI, RF Communication, IoT and Signal processing. Currently, funded projects of worth Rs. 75,78,000/- from DST and DRDO has been carried out in the programme. ECE has signed MoU with reputed industries like Jasmin Infotech, KPIT, Salzer, Siemens and EinNel Technologies. Electronics and Communication Engineering has good and consistent placement record with students placed in many Core and IT companies and is associated with professional bodies like IEEE, IETE and ISTE for faculty and students to enhance their research activities.
Raising competent Electronics and Communication engineers and technocrats to solve the problems of human society.
To raise engineers and researchers with technical expertise on par with international standards, professional attitude and ethical values, having the ability to apply acquired knowledge & skills for a productive career and service to humanity.
Graduates will have ability to:
- Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
News and Events