B.Tech. Electronics and Communication Engineering
At the undergraduate level, students are familiarized with various operational principles of electronic devices and circuits using the latest technology. They are also trained to work with software such as MATLAB, FEKO and XILINX.Special efforts have been made to enable the students to translate the theoretical knowledge into practical scenarios through laboratory and field level experiences. Students are motivated to undergo in-plant trainings and mini projects which provides necessary industrial exposure. They are also encouraged to take up their final semester project in industries so that they are well exposed to industrial practice.
To meet the existing demands of today's industry, the syllabus is continuously updated for incorporating recent advances in the chosen areas of specialization.
Program Specific Outcomes
- Impart solid foundation in mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals required to solve electronics and communication engineering problems.
- Specify, analyze and design the electronics devices using semiconductor technology for effective development of hardware systems.
- Understand, analyze, design and simulate the various communication systems, data processing techniques and validate their performance for practical applications.
- Specify, analyze, design, implement and test the analog and digital systems using the state of art components, software tools and ICT.
Programme Educational Objectives
PEO1: Graduates will apply their technical knowledge in the areas of Electronics and Communication Engineering for real world applications.
PEO2: Graduates exhibit competence as academicians, researchers by pursuing continuous professional development.
PEO3: Graduates with professional ethics will contribute to the development of the society as entrepreneurs, consultants and in various other leadership positions.
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
The following Under Graduate courses are offered by the Electronics and Communication Engineering
B. Tech - Electronics and Communication Engineering (Full Time)
Electronics and Communication Engineering offers the following soft core subjects under Choice Based Credit System for the B. Tech students with an extensive array of elective courses. Some of the subjects are listed below:
SOFT CORE (CBCS)
|Embedded Systems||Telecommunication Networks||Wireless Communication||Signal Processing||VLSI|
|Computer Organization||Telecommunication Switching Networks||Fundamentals of Wireless Communication||Bio-Medical Signal Processing||Digital System Design|
|Advanced Computer Architecture||Cellular Mobile Communication||Spread Spectrum Systems||Adaptive Signal Processing||VerilogHDL|
|Embedded System Design||Adhoc Networks||Optoelectronics||Wavelet transforms||VHDL|
|ARM Processors||Wireless Sensor Networks||Wireless Security||Digital Image Processing||VLSI Design|
|Fault Tolerant Techniques||Mobile Computing||Solid State Microwave Devices||Neural networks and Fuzzy Systems||ASIC|
|Advanced Microcontroller||Cryptography and Network Security||Fiber Optic Communication||Optimization Techniques||VLSI Subsystem Design|
|Advanced Microprocessor Architecture||Virtual Private Networks||Basics of Cloud Computing||Multimedia Compression Techniques||CMOS VLSI|
|Testing for Embedded System||High Speed Networks||Cellular Mobile Communication||Soft Computing||VLSI Technology|
|Embedded Sensor Networks||Routing Algorithms for Wireless Mobile networks||Radar Communication||Pattern Recognition||Nano electronics|
|Robotics & Automation||Advanced Digital Communication Systems||Satellite Communication||Signal Processing Lab||VHDL Lab|
|ARM Lab||Wireless Security||RF Circuit Design||Advanced Signal Processing Lab||Verilog Lab|
|Embedded lab||Network Design Lab||Antenna Design Lab||Advanced Digital Communication Systems||ASIC Design Lab|
|PCB design Lab||Advanced Networking Lab||Advanced Wireless lab||Information theory and Coding|