Programme Educational Objectives (PEO's)
Programme Specific Objectives (PSO's)
From 2014 onwards
B.Tech in BioMedical Engineering is a four years full time programme. Biomedical Engineering is a discipline that integrates the knowledge core of traditional engineering and modern biology to solve problems pertaining to human health.
- Understand physiology and biology to make measurements and interpret data from living systems.
- Apply science and technology to solve the problems at the interface of engineering and biology.
- Design, implement and test biomedical signal processing systems.
- Develop biomedical instruments using hardware and software tools.
B.Tech - Robotics & Automation has become one of the top most career choices among the aspirants. As an independent branch of Engineering, robotics deals with the design, construction, operation, and applications of robots. This technology provides industrial automation solutions with the view to augment production process. With the advent of 21st Century, the use and functionality of robotics have gained impetus because of its use in very difficult and hazardous job like defusing bombs and mines. This course enriches the takers in electromechanics, robotic sensors and instrumentation, robotics fabrication, artificial intelligence and machine vision.
From 2003 onwards
M.Tech. in Control and Instrumentation Engineering is a two years full time programme under the EIE Program, course offers knowledge in designing, developing, installing, managing and/or maintaining equipment which is used to monitor and control engineering systems, machinery and processes. C&I engineers need a thorough understanding of the operational processes of an Industry. They have a multidisciplinary role, working closely with colleagues across a number of functions, including operations, purchasing and design.
The PG Students of M.Tech. (CIE) will be able to
- Understand, specify and verify the principles of measurements using the state of the art equipment.
- Develop mathematical models of the industrial processes and control systems.
- Investigate the performance of various advanced control algorithms
- Explore the application of embedded control strategies for industrial automation.
From 2008 onwards
M.Tech. in Embedded Systems is a two years full time programme under the EIE Program, course offers the technology for the fast moving world. Embedded systems is becoming more and more pervasive, touching virtually in all aspects of daily life.
The PG Students of M.Tech. (ES) will be able to
- Specify, design, prototype and test real time embedded systems for signal processing applications based on mathematics and digital principles
- Specify and design system software and tools for real time embedded applications.
- Apply knowledge of various embedded processor architecture for industrial automation, sensors, computing, wireless networking and other applications.
- Design, test and critically evaluate embedded solutions to real world situations related to biomedical, robotics, automobile and other applications.
From 2009 onwards
M.Tech. in BioMedical Instrumentation is a two years full time programme under the EIE Program, Course provides a strong foundation in the basic sciences, electronics and instrumentation engineering and life sciences coupled with opportunities for research and internships.
The PG Students of M.Tech. (BMI) will be able to
- Understand the advanced concepts and achieve technical expertise.
- Apply techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary to Contribute effectively to research for finding solution to human problems.
- Acquire, analyze biomedical signals and interpret the data from physiological system for diagnosis and therapy.
- Develop and test medical devices through engineering practices, for telehealth technology.
Name of the Faculty
Identification of a nonlinear system and controller design using various advanced control strategies
Mr. P.Vijay Daniel
Controlling of Nonlinear system
Model-based controller design for wastewater treatment process
Mrs. Lina Rose
Some aspects of sensor technology in agriculture and water technology
Mr. Devendra Prajapati
Non-Invasive arthritis Diagnostic System
1. List of faculty members having guide-ships with research areas
Area of Specialization
Dr. D. Abraham Chandy
Bio-Medical signal & Image Processing, Computer Vision and Robotics
Dr. X. Anitha Mary
VLSI Design, Process Modelling and Control, Embedded Systems