- Fee Structure
- Selection Process
- Apply online for Research Program
- Scholarship for Ph.D
- Regulations for M.Phil Programme
- Regulations for Ph.D. Programme
Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences offers both M.Phil. and Ph.D. degree programmes. These programmes are offered in various Departments focusing on the thrust areas of research of the Institution, namely Food, Water, Health and Energy. A wide range of facilities and infrastructure are provided to the scholars which include research facilities and equipment worth more than Rs. 100 million; Research Fellowship worth Rs. 5 million; short term research grants; academic and research exchange programmes with foreign Universities; unlimited access to computer and internet facilities; online subscription to research journals, etc. Research projects worth 50 million funded by Government and Private agencies are being carried out in the campus. Scholars are given opportunities to work in those projects as well. The campus life of Karunya is worth mentioning. It has a well-equipped residential campus, which include all essential facilities, avenues for sports and cultural activities, guest house and restaurant facilities, auditoriums, bank, hospital and post office.
M.Phil and Ph.D Selection List for Even Sem 2020 - Enrollment
|M.Phil. (Sciences / Management / Arts )|
|Ph.D. (Engineering / Management / Sciences / Arts)|
Apply online for Research Program
Evangeline Dhinakaran Doctoral Fellowship
The Ph.D. Scholars (Full Time), who seek admission during the academic year 2019 - 2020, are eligible for Evangeline Dhinakaran Doctoral Fellowship of Rs. 12,000/- per month and contingency grant of Rs. 12,000/- per annum for a maximum period of 3 years, subject to the following:
- Proven record of research publications / presentations during UG / PG studies
- Interview and recommendation by the External Panel of Experts
The Fellowship is renewable every year based on the fulfillment of all the terms and conditions as stated below:
- The scholar should publish atleast 1 International Journal Paper / International Conference Paper within the first year of registration, the paper in the Journal / Conference Proceedings being of high quality, peer-reviewed and indexed in Scopus / Thomson Reuters;
- The scholar should publish atleast 2 Papers in International Journals, during the second and third year of research (a total of 4 research papers), the Journal being of high quality, peer-reviewed and indexed in Scopus / Thomson Reuters.
Regulations for M.Phil Programme
Regulations for Ph.D. Programme
The Institution will advertise in leading news papers and also through University website for calling for application for admission into Ph.D / M.Phil program during March / April and also during September / October every year. Eligible applicants will be invited to write a written test conducted by Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences. The written test will be in 2 parts. Part 1 is on general aptitude and Part 2 is a technical aptitude for research. The questions through Part 2 will be department specific. After the test, the candidates will be asked to appear in an interview and the rank list will be prepared. Depending on the vacancy available, students will be admitted into the programmes.
The Institution shall advertise for Ph.D / M.Phil (Full-Time / Part-Time) programmes for the July intake as well as for the November intake.
KARUNYA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY AND SCIENCES
Declared as Deemed to be University under Sec.3 of the UGC Act, 1956
Karunya Nagar, Coimbatore - 641 114, Tamil Nadu, India.
(Ph.D. / M.Phil. ADMISSIONS - 2019 - 2020 (Even Semester)
|Applications are invited for Ph.D / M.Phil (Full Time/Part Time) for the academic year 2019-2020 (Even Semester). Details of vacancies and Ph.D. / M.Phil. regulations are displayed in the Institution website.|
Interested candidates shall apply online on (or) before 7th December 2019.
- 7th December 2019: Last date to receive online application
- 14th December 2019: Entrance Test & Interview
- 7th January 2020: Admissions & candidates join the respective Departments
- M.Phil. / Ph.D. Vacancy List (2019 - 2020 - Even Semester
- Online Application (Ph.D/M.Phil) – (Full Time / Part Time)
- M.Phil. & Ph.D. Fees (Indian National)
- M.Phil. & Ph.D. Fees (NRI)
- Ph.D. Regulations
- M.Phil Regulations
For More information click here