ICSPC 19 Proceedings link: https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/conhome/8964257/proceeding
Key Highlights of Past Conferences (ICSPC'17)
- The “IEEE International Conference on Signal Processing and Communication” was conducted by ECE programme, Department of Electrical Sciences, Karunya Univeristy on 28th and 29th July, 2017.
- This Conference was technically sponsored by: (a) University of Arad, Romania, (b) Computational Intelligence and Information Systems Lab, Argentina, (c) Wenzhou Medical University, China and (d) Scientific Research Group, Egypt. Identifying keynote speakers for the conference was the next step. Five keynote talks were delivered in this conference.
- The talks are delivered by: (a) Prof. Rangaraj M Rangayyan, University of Calgary, Canada, (b) Dr. Bernadetta Kwintiana Ane, University of Stuttgart, Germany, (c) Dr. Raj Kettimuthu, Argonne National Laboratory, USA, (d) Dr. Giridhar, IIT Madras and (e) Prof. Raghavan, NIT Trichy.
- After finalizing the technical sponsors and keynote speakers, an application was submitted to IEEE for proceedings publication. IEEE accepted our application and all the registered papers of our conference will be indexed by IEEE explore.
- In addition to IEEE explore, five journals were identified to publish the extended version of the conference papers (with atleast 40% new contents). The five journals are: (a) International Journal of Advanced Intelligence Paradigms (Inderscience), (b) Intelligent Decision technologies – An International Journal (IOS Press), (c) International Journal of Imaging and Robotics (IIT Roorkee journal), (d) International journal of Tomography and Simulation (IIT Roorkee journal) and (e) International Journal of Artificial Intelligence (IIT Roorkee journal). All these journals are indexed by SCOPUS and there are no processing fees.
- The conference received 270 papers from institutions within the country and outside the country. The review process was initiated with plagiarism check on all the submitted papers. TURNITIN software available in our university was used for these papers. All the papers with more than 30% similarity measure were rejected immediately. The rest of the papers were passed to experts for their review comments. At least two independent reviews are used for the selection of the papers. Finally, 97 papers were selected based on the reviewer comments. The acceptance ratio of this conference is approximately 1:3. These 97 papers are from 72 different institutions within and outside the country. These 96 papers include authors from USA, China, Myanmar, Malaysia, Srilanka, West Indies, Papua New Guinea and Saudi Arabia. The selected papers also include authors from premier institutions such as IIT’s, NIT’s, DRDO, ISRO, BEL, BHEL, JNU, etc.
The inaugural ceremony of this conference was conducted on 28th July, 2017. Prof. E.J.James, Officiating vice-chancellor, Karunya University delivered the presidential address followed by the felicitation by Dr. Ridling Margaret Waller, Pro-Vice Chancellor, Karunya University. The Chief Guest’s address was delivered by Prof. Rangaraj M Rangayyan.