School of Electrical Technology
Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Job Opportunities in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering opens surplus of opportunities in both government and private organizations. The UPSC Board for recruitment conducts the Indian Engineering Service (IES) examination for recruiting electrical engineers into various government departments.
Research organizations like the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO), Defense Research and Development Organization(DRDO) and Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre hire electrical and electronics engineering graduates for various job roles. National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC), Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL), Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL), Coal India Limited (CIL), etc are some of the PSU where undergraduate and master degree holders in electrical engineering can try for lucrative job.
Coming to jobs in private organizations, EEE students have plenty of opportunities in industries like electrical, electronics, communications, telecommunications, information technology and instrumentation. Opportunities are available in IT firms like Infosys, Wipro, and Accenture.
Engineering graduates in Electrical and Electronics Engineering have adequate higher study options, both in India as well as abroad. M.E/M.Tech courses (in India) are offered in subjects of electrical engineering, power electronics, power systems, electronic design and technology, and electrical energy systems. International Universities offer courses such as M.S in Electrical Power Systems, Electrical Energy Conversion Systems, Master of Research in Electrical and Electronics Engineering and Master of Engineering Science (Electrical Engineering).
In our EEE department of Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences, the placement record is very encouraging and every year around 10 percentage of the students are placed in core companies such as KEC International, Mumbai , Mahindra Satyam-Hyderabad , BGR Energy Systems-Chennai , L & T, Coimbatore , Pravin Electricals Pvt Ltd- Mumbai , KPIT Technologies- Pune, HP Ltd.-Bangalore and Robert Bosch, Coimbatore. The placement statistics for the past 5 years is as follows:
|B.Tech –EEE||121/93/62 (C=8,S=54)||129/87/85 (C=22,S=57)||127/75/61 (C=24,S=37)||124/68/59 (C=17,S=42)||126/72/44 (C=2,S=42)||68/38/38 (C=7,S=31)|
|Placement % (Placed/Eligible)||67||90.8||81.33||86.76||61.11||100|
Training given to the students to enhance Placements
Student Training Programs Conducted
|Sl. No.||Name of the program & Beneficiaries||Duration|
|1||Soft Skills Training Programme for III year B.Tech and I M.Tech students||6 months|
|2||Coaching on General Aptitude, Group Discussion & Personal Interview skills for pre-final B.Tech/MCA students during non-working hours||6 months|
|3||Head Start Foundation Programme (HSFP) Training Programme conducted by Corporate and relevant training programme by Infosys, VDART & KPIT selected students by the respective company||2 , 4 , 6 week|
|4||CAT, GRE, GATE Coaching classes by Asset Academy / GATEFORUM / T.I.M.E. Institute||6 to 12 mnts|
Students Development Programmes
* Imparting Soft Skills Training through external trainers / agencies
for all pre final year students
* Organizing Coaching Classes on General Aptitude, Group Discussion & Personal Interview in the pre-final year, with the help of external training agencies, during non- working hours.
* Co-ordinating industry- institution partnership during the Internship or Full Semester Project Study of the selected students in various companies.
* Co-ordinating the Infosys Campus Connect Soft Skills Training to interested pre-final year students as well as successfully placed final year students.
* Supporting the students aspirants in various coaching classes such as CAT & GRE in association with the external training agencies, during non- working hours.
List of core companies visited in the past:
- L & T
- Robert Bosch
- Pravin Electricals-Mumbai
- Windcare Pvt Ltd-Pollachi
- I Gate Global Solutions, Bangalore
- KEC RPG International, Mumbai
- Mahindra Satyam, Hyderabad
- BGR Energy System
- KEC International, Mumbai
- Oracle, Bangalore
- Tech Mahindra, Chennai
- KPIT Technologies, Pune
- HP Ltd., Bangalore
- Vi Micro Systems, Chennai
- Tata Elxsi, Bangalore
Industrial projects and tie ups:
- The department has signed a MoA with DELTA automotives-Haryana and has trained 15 students to take up a technical project competition.
- The final year students have taken up the problem statement from ZF wind power and have executed projects of with BLDC Drive for the coolant system.
- One PG student Ragi R Menon PR11EE1020 did her final year project at Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre, Thiruvananthapuram from 01.09.2012 to 30.03.2013
- Another PG student Ms.Nadavaluri Sindhu PR12EEE1025 did her final year project at Centre for Electronics Test Engineering, Hyderabad from 12.2013 to 07.04.2014
- Another PG student Cota Orville Damaso PR13EE2023 did his final year project at Atiode Solar System, Limited, Nigeria 10.06.2014 to 20.08.2014
- Our current second year student Mr.Rajkamal UR15EE123 is our proud entrepreneur who started his own company collaborating with Karunya Startup cell of Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences.
- We have also Mr.Pravin Philip of 2004 passing out batch who owns his own core company Pravin Electricals-Mumbai and have given job offers to several of the Karunya Students.
CENTRE FOR PLACEMENT & TRAINING
Karunya Nagar, Coimbatore – 641 114
2017-18 Department-wise Selected Students List
2017-18 B.Tech –Electrical & Electronics Engg.,
|S.No.||Reg. No.||Name of the student||Dept.,||Name of the Company|
|1||UR14EE020||Anurag Nantowar||B.Tech - EEE||KPIT, Pune|
|2||UR14EE020||Anurag Nantowar||B.Tech - EEE||Infosys Ltd., Bangalore|
|3||UR14EE038||Anish Ahlawat||B.Tech - EEE||Infosys Ltd., Bangalore|
|4||UR14EE062||Sumi Praisy||B.Tech - EEE||Infosys Ltd., Bangalore|
|5||UR14EE002||Vincent ALBINEJENCY||B.Tech - EEE||Accenture Services, Bangalore|
|6||UR14EE012||Meera Merin Sabu||B.Tech - EEE||Accenture Services, Bangalore|
|7||UR14EE027||Julie Arockia Jaya Raj||B.Tech - EEE||Accenture Services, Bangalore|
|8||UR14EE033||ENIKA SHALINI MINZ||B.Tech - EEE||Accenture Services, Bangalore|
|9||UR14EE040||Sunny Hananya||B.Tech - EEE||Accenture Services, Bangalore|
|10||UR14EE048||Jennifer Jude||B.Tech - EEE||Accenture Services, Bangalore|
|11||UR14EE049||TSNL PRERANA||B.Tech - EEE||Accenture Services, Bangalore|
|12||UR14EE062||SUMI PRAISY||B.Tech - EEE||Accenture Services, Bangalore|
|13||Ur14ee068||Seemran Sunil Bhoire||B.Tech - EEE||Accenture Services, Bangalore|
|14||Ur14ee078||Sai Swaroop||B.Tech - EEE||Accenture Services, Bangalore|
|15||ur14ee081||Jelina Jannet||B.Tech - EEE||Accenture Services, Bangalore|
|16||Ur14ee094||Nagelli Sahithya Prasad||B.Tech - EEE||Accenture Services, Bangalore|
|17||UR14EE099||Bincy Mathew||B.Tech - EEE||Accenture Services, Bangalore|
|18||UR14EE111||Vikash Kumar Mahto||B.Tech - EEE||Accenture Services, Bangalore|
(Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences)
(Declared as Deemed to be University under sec. 3 of the UGC Act 1956)
Karunya Nagar, Coimbatore 641 114