November 11, 2020
AICTE-ATAL sponsored 5 days Online FDP on Recent Advancements in Wearable Antenna for Medical Applications Organized by Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering
The growth of wearable technology in recent times lead to the development of several wearable devices. These devices are useful in several applications such as, wireless body area networks (WBAN), Internet-of-Things (IoT), sports, entertainment and biomedical healthcare.
The materials and the fabrication techniques used for wearable antennas play vital role. Over the past decades efforts are being made in finding better materials and fabrication technologies with less complex and cost. Investigating the antenna performance under different wearable conditions such as stretching, flexibility, crumpling, humidity and mitigating the human body effects are important aspects to be considered in wearable antenna research.
The WBAN antennas are either non-invasive or invasive. The wearable antennas are mostly noninvasive prepared with cloths, polymer based flexible materials to wear on cloths or incorporated into devices which can be wearable. WBAN also have invasive antennas like implantable & capsule type antennas. In medical applications these wearable antennas provide diagnostics, continuous monitoring and assistance in medication.
The faculty members from the AICTE approved institutions, research scholars, participants from Government, Industry (Bureaucrats/ Technicians/ Participants from Industry etc.) and staff of host institutions is eligible to attend the program. There is NO REGISTRATION FEE to attend this online FDP.
Register this online FDP through the ATAL portal (https://atalacademy.aicte-india.org/login) Note: Last date of online registration is 27/11/2020. Shortlisted candidates will be announced through email within 2-3 days of online registration.
The participants who have attendance more than 80% and test score greater than 60% are eligible to receive Digital Certificate issued by the ATAL Academy.
- Wearable Antenna - Introduction
- Health Hazards of Radiation and its Solution for Wearable Applications
- Metamaterial based Wearable Antenna
- Miniaturized antenna for Wireless Capsule Endoscopy System: A Make in India Approach
- Flexible Material Selection for Wearable Devices
- Designing Flexible Antennas, Complications and Solutions: Hands-on
- Role of Wearable Antennas: Diagnostics and Health Care
- Design and Research Challenges in Textile Antenna
- Research challenges of SIW antenna for Biomedical Applications