Karunya Technology Business Incubation Park (K-TBIP)
The purpose of K-TBIP is to herald a sustainable innovation ecosystem in Karunya that integrates academics with research, innovation and enterprise leading to incubation and startups.
K-TBIP is primarily a facility for incubation / startup for students, staff and faculty members of KITS. Outside entrepreneurs including alumni of Karunya are also encouraged to participate in the venture.
K-TBIP will be managed by Karunya Incubation Foundation (KIF), a section 8 Company (under incorporation) of the Companies Act, 2013 of the Karunya Trust.
K-TBIP has an incubation facility and Karunya Innovation Designation Design studio (KIDS) with distributed facilities has access to other central and departmental facilities in KITS for the benefit of the incubates.
Karunya shall embrace an innovation-based approach by integrating academics and research with incubation and enterprise through a design thinking process, in a way that will touch lives with compassion, and benefit the industry and society at large, with full adherence to the best practices in technical standards and ethics.
- Introduce a curricular system that blends the best of academics and research in order to generate an innovation ecosystem within the campus.
- Train the students, faculty members and staff to practice design thinking in the research and development activities both as part of the curriculum or outside.
- Pre-incubate / incubate select technologies as student-faculty-industry projects within the Institution towards the development of technologies for products, processes or services.
- Enable the pre-incubates / incubates to the next level of prototyping, validation, scale-up, technology transfer or entrepreneurship either in collaboration with industry or as startups.
- Build industry and societal interactions in the four thrust areas of Karunya, namely, food, water, healthcare and sustainable energy as well as the 25 Technology Missions of the Institution for the benefit of the society, particularly, the local population.
- Position Karunya in national and global rankings in terms of innovation and entrepreneurship.