What Constitutes Ragging?
Ragging constitutes one or more of any of the following acts:
- Any conduct by any student or students whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student.
- Indulging in rowdy or undisciplined activities by any student or students which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship, physical or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in any fresher or any other student.
- Asking any student to do any act which such student will not in the ordinary course do and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame, or torment or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of such fresher or any other student.
- Any act by a senior student that prevents, disrupts or disturbs the regular academic activity of any other student or a fresher.
- Exploiting the services of a fresher or any other student for completing the academic tasks assigned to an individual or a group of students.
- Any act of financial extortion or forceful expenditure burden put on a fresher or any other student by students
- Any act of physical abuse including all variants of it: sexual abuse, homosexual assaults, stripping, forcing obscene and lewd acts, gestures, causing bodily harm or any other danger to health or person.
- Any act or abuse by spoken words, emails, post, public insults which would also include deriving perverted pleasure, vicarious or sadistic thrill from actively or passively participating in the discomfiture to fresher or any other student.
- Any act that affects the mental health and self-confidence of a fresher or any other student with or without an intent to derive a sadistic pleasure or showing off power, authority or superiority by a student over any fresher.
ADMINISTRATIVE ACTION IN THE EVENT OF RAGGING:
The institution shall punish a student found guilty of ragging after following the procedure and in the manner prescribed here in under:
The Anti-Ragging Committee of the institution shall take an appropriate decision, in regard to punishment or otherwise, depending on the facts of each incident of ragging and nature and gravity of the incident of ragging established in the recommendations of the Anti-Ragging Squad.
The Anti-Ragging Committee may, depending on the nature and gravity of the guilt established by the Anti-Ragging Squad, award, to those found guilty, one or more of the following punishments, namely,
- Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges.
- Withholding/ withdrawing scholarship/ fellowship and other benefits.
- Debarring from appearing in any test/ examination or other evaluation process.
- Withholding results.
- Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national or international meet, tournament, youth festival, etc.
- Suspension/ expulsion from the hostel.
- Cancellation of admission.
- Rustication from the institution for period ranging from one to four semesters.
- Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution for a specified period.
Ragging has ruined countless innocent lives and careers. In order to eradicate it, Hon’ble Supreme Court in Civil Appeal No. 887 of 2009, passed the judgement wherein guidelines were issued.
Every student and his/guardian needs to submit an undertaking (affidavit) to the college for admissions.
Please find the link for ONLINE submission below
- Anti-Ragging Undertaking (affidavit) ONLINE
- Step by Step Guide on how to fill the online undertaking
After filling this form successfully, you will receive the Student's Anti Ragging Undertaking and the Parents Anti Ragging Undertaking in your Email.
Please print both the Undertaking, sign them yourself, request your parents to read the details and request them to sign their Undertaking and then present both at your college at the time of registration, each year.
In order to eradicate the Menace of Ragging Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences has formed the following Anti ragging Committee 2021-2022 & 2022-2023.
|1||Prof. Dr. R. Elijah Blessing||Chairperson|
|2||Dr.A.Albert Rajan||Member Secretary|
|Deputy Registrar (Student Affairs)|
|Inspector of Police, Alandurai||Police Administration|
|4||Mr. Gandhi Babu||Member|
|Reporter, Dinakaran Daily||Local Media|
|5||Dr. J. Samuel Thomas||Member|
|COO, SEESHA||NGO Representative|
|6||Dr. A. Hepzibah Christinal, Prof/Maths||Members|
|7||Dr.A. Alfred Kirubaraj, Asst.Prof/ECE||Faculty Nominee|
|Section Officer (F/o Mr. Ansley Claret J)||Parent Representative|
|9||Mr. Govarthan R (URK19EC1077)||Members|
|10||Ms. Jebina Basumatary (URK19AE1010)||Student Representative|
|11||Mr. Tharun V (URK20EC1031)|
|12||Ms. Aditi Sharma (URK21BM2007)|
|Sr.Asst.Gr.II, O/o Registrar||Nominee from Non- Teaching Staff|
For Effective monitoring in the campus and hostels, Karunya administration formed Anti ragging flying squad. The following members have been nominated as squad for the academic year 2021-2022 & 2022-2023
The following Faculty members are nominated as Antiragging flying squads for the academic year 2021-2012 & 2022-2023.
|Name of the Department||Name of the Squad member||Phone No.||Email ID|
|Aerospace Engineering||Dr. Aldin Justin||9047653317||[email protected]|
|Civil Engineering||Dr. Sneha Gautam||9131085801||[email protected]|
|Mrs. Shanmathi Rekha Raju||9500985380||[email protected]|
|Computer Science and Engineering||Dr. V.M. Arul Xavier||9944291181||[email protected]|
|Dr. E. Bijolin Edwin||9486129746||[email protected]|
|Dr. R. Bright Gee Varghese||7305901030||[email protected]|
|Mr. G. Matthew Palmer||9677912856||[email protected]|
|Dr. Julia Punitha Malar Dhas||9442759814||[email protected]|
|Dr. R Chitra||9487357669||[email protected]|
|Dr. D. Narmadha||9843482575||[email protected]|
|Dr. S. Punitha||9500197909||[email protected]|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||Dr.A.Amir Anton Jone||9952390911||[email protected]|
|Dr. D. Jasmine David||9444697213||[email protected]|
|Mr. Praveen Immanuel Paulraj J||7904157969||[email protected]|
|Biomedical Engineering||Dr .R.Jegan||9787302668||[email protected]|
|Dr.P.Subha Hency Jose||9487846907||[email protected]|
|Robotics Engineering||Mr. K. Gerard Joe Nigel||9444283050||[email protected]|
|Dr. MSP Subatra||9486035316||[email protected]|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering||Dr. F.T.Josh||9443474227||[email protected]|
|Agriculture||Dr. N. Jeyapandiyan||9087847756||[email protected]|
|Dr. R. Isaac Manuel||9444325136||[email protected]|
|Dr. J. Lydia Pramitha||9489175007||[email protected]|
|Mrs. P. Amrutha||8281103136||[email protected]|
|Biotechnology||Dr. M.S.A. Muthu Kumar Nadar||9566210873||[email protected]|
|Dr. Biswanath Mahanty||8016747093||[email protected]|
|Dr. Jissin Mathew||9944386579||[email protected]|
|Food Processing Technology||Mr. Dayanand Peter||9952447442||[email protected]|
|Dr. R. Emilin Renitta||9043035895||[email protected]|
|Applied Chemistry||Dr. Jebasingh||9952008385||[email protected]|
|Dr. K. Parameshwari||9787337589||[email protected]|
|Criminology||Ms. Jyoti Rana||9521390708||[email protected]|
|Dr. Surbhi Girdhar||9827072167||[email protected]|
|Commerce and International Trade||Dr. Palani Singh||8940194307||[email protected]|
|Dr. Aruna||9003988418||[email protected]|
|Management Studies||Dr. Thiru Arooran||9486190233||[email protected]|
|Mrs. Nisha||9543377227||[email protected]|
|Digital Sciences||Dr. J. Macklin Abraham Navamani||9487846611||[email protected]|
|Dr. Prasanth Koothoor||9447466679||[email protected]|
|Dr. L. Melita||9600863058||[email protected]|
- They should monitor the movement of 1st year students and senior students both UG & PG during the morning and evening hours, class break/lunch break and report any kind of interaction or arguments among the students which may lead to ragging or harassment immediately to the Antiragging Committee or to the competent authority for immediate disciplinary actions
- They should attend the weekly review meeting organized by the Chairman [Anti Ragging Committee]
- Any emergency issue should be brought to the notice of the Chairman (ARC)/Residence authorities immediately to avoid any untoward incidents