Changing society through research
Department of Computer Science and Engineering
Computer Science and Engineering was established in the year 1994. The primary goal of CSE is to provide best IT infrastructure, world class learning & research environment, adopt industry practices through industry collaborations and inculcate moral and ethical values. The department is accredited by NBA. The alacrity of the students to learn makes it easier for the industry-trained experienced faculty to produce top-notch engineers who are being recruited by reputed companies all over the world.
To raise world class Computer Science and Engineering professionals excelling in academics, research and providing solutions to human problems.
To develop professionals with strong fundamental concepts, programming and problem-solving skills with exposure to emerging technologies.
To promote research in the state of art technologies, providing solutions to human problems especially in the area of Health, Water, Energy and Food.
To develop leadership qualities with ethical values to serve the society.
B.TECH.COMPUTER SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING
Graduates will have ability to:
- Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, natural sciences, engineering fundamentals specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems
- Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature and analyze complex Engineering Problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering sciences.
- Design / Development of Solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet specific needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety and the cultural, societal and environmental considerations.
- Conduct Investigations of Complex Problems: Use research- based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern Tool Usage: Create, Select and Apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The Engineer and Society: Apply Reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts and demonstrate the knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and Team Work: Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multi-disciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation make effective presentations and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply this to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multi-disciplinary environments.
- Life – Long Learning: Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and lifelong leaning in the broadest context of technological change.
M.TECH. COMPUTER SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING
Graduates will have ability to:
- independently carry out research / investigation and development work to solve practical problems.
- write a substantial technical report / document.
- Students should be able to demonstrate a degree of mastery over the area as per the specialization of the program. The mastery should be at a level higher than the requirements in the appropriate bachelor program.