IETE STUDENTS’ FORUM- KITS
The Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (IETE) is India's leading recognised professional society devoted to the advancement of Science and Technology of Electronics, Telecommunication & IT. Founded in 1953, it serves more than 60,000 members through various centres, whose number is 65, spread all over India and abroad. The Institution provides leadership in Scientific and Technical areas of direct importance to the national development and economy. Government of India has recognised IETE as a Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (SIRO) and also notified as an educational Institution of national eminence. The objectives of IETE focus on advancing electro-technology. The IETE conducts and sponsors technical meetings, conferences, symposia, and exhibitions all over India, publishes technical journals and provides continuing education as well as career advancement opportunities to its members.
The IETE Students' Forum shall be set up at each major recognized Engineering College / University, with the assistance and involvement of senior faculty members of the Institution. The IETE Centre in the region shall provide support and coordination in the establishment and the working of the forum. The IETE Students Forum shall have the following broad objectives :
- To plan and organize technical programmes and activities, such as, special lectures, workshops, seminars, symposia, exhibitions etc for the benefit of student members on a regular basis.
- To provide a common platform for the student members to exchange ideas and information on the topics of their interest e.g. curriculum, employment / higher educational opportunities, emerging trends, new development etc.
- To facilitate technical visits / practical training / project work / employment, of the student members in R&D laboratories, industries, academic institutions etc.
- To encourage team work and the spirit of self-reliance among the student members.
- To serve as a focal point at the institution on all aspects of professional development of the student members.
To meet these objectives, the IETE students forum shall arrange frequent meetings of the student members together with experts / academic / R&D / industries leaders as well as IETE centres executive committee members. Programmes of common interest may also be arranged involving students forum at many institutions in the city, region etc.
The members of the IETE students forum shall pay the following one time membership fee for their membership while studying at the college.
|Year of Study||Fees|
IEEE and ISTE COORDINATOR – KITS
Dr. Jenkin Winston,
Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering,
School of Electrical Sciences,
Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences,
Coimbatore - 641114, India.