Department of Mechanical Engineering
Mechanical Engineering @ Karunya
The Department of Mechanical Engineering of Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences is known for excellence in academics and research in the field of design & manufacturing engineering, material sciences & thermal management, renewable energy, metallurgy and mechatronics engineering. The department has well established laboratories and state of art research centers to carry out research and development in the thrust areas of food, water, health care and energy. Holistic education with values and ethics are imparted to students allowing them to pursue successful careers in product design, research and entrepreneurship. Students enjoy freedom to express their ideas through interaction with faculty and peers by participating in department technical clubs, research lab activities. This leads students to develop technical skills, innovative products, patents and leadership qualities.
Academic excellence through quality educational practices for successful careers in Mechanical Engineering.
Research and development in Mechanical Engineering Sciences.
Equipping Mechanical Engineers to address societal needs by imparting professional values.
Graduates will have ability to:
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering for the solution of mechanical engineering problems.
- Identify, formulate, research literature and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering sciences
- Design solutions for complex mechanical engineering problems and design system components are processes that meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal and environmental consideration.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems, analysis and statistical data to arrive valid conclusions.
- Create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to solve complex mechanical engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- Apply knowledge of contemporary issues for solving problems faced by the society through application of mechanical engineering principles.
- Understand the impact of professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental context and demonstrate knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
- Understand and exhibit professional and ethical responsibility.
- Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in multi-disciplinary teams to accomplish common goals.
- Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities, with the engineering community and with society at large, such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations and give and receive clear instructions.
- Apply the principle of management and finance to effectively handle projects in multi-disciplinary environments.
- Recognize the need for and have the preparation ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning in the broadest context of technological change.