The Department of Biotechnology, started in the year 2005, grew into School of Biotechnology in the year 2007 and evolved into the School of Biotechnology and Health Sciences in the year 2009. The objective of the Department is to provide excellent teaching, practical facilities, research facilities and consultancy services in the frontier areas of Biotechnology.
To raise holistic and value based bio-technocrats and entrepreneurs who develop processes and products for the betterment of the community and environment.
To raise students with academic excellence, professional competence with good ethics.
To find solutions to human problems in areas relating to Water, Food, Health Care and Energy through scientific, social and technological research.
Graduates will have ability to:
- PO1:Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of Mathematics, Science and Engineering to solve the problems related to Bio-Technology.
- PO2Problem analysis:Identify, formulate and analyze the complex problem in Bio-Technology and provide appropriate conclusions using principles of Engineering & Sciences.
- PO3:Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex bio-based problems and design process that address the specified needs for the public health, safety and environmental considerations.
- PO4:Conduct investigations of complex problems:Design experiments, analyze, interpret data and synthesize information using knowledge based research tools to arrive at valid conclusions.
- PO5:Modern tool usage: Create, select and apply appropriate techniques, software resources and modern engineering tools for prediction and modeling of complex engineering and biotechnology problems in different fields to understand the limitations.
- PO6:The Engineer and Society:Rational use of contextual knowledge to asses societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice and modern biotechnological research and development.
- PO7:Environment and Sustainability:Understand and exhibit the knowledge vital for sustainable development in societal and environmental contexts using the professional engineering and biotechnology solutions.
- PO8:Ethics:Inculcate ethical principles to imbibe professional ethics, responsibilities and norms of the Engineering practice and Biotechnology research.
- PO9:Individual and team work:Function effectively as an individual, member or leader of diverse teams in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO10:Communication: Communicate effectively with the engineering community and with society at large on complex food material procurement,manufacture and distribution activities and be able to comprehend, document, write effective reports, prepare presentations and exchange of clear instructions and knowledge.
- PO11:Project management and finance:Effectively communicate with engineering community on activities relevant to society at large and comprehend reports & documentation, make effective presentations and exchange clear instructions.
- PO12:Life-long learning:Recognize the need for independent and life-long learning experience for a lucrative professional career.
Internships done Abroad by Our Students
Testimonies by our Alumni
Karunya has a stunning blend of state of the art infrastructure and highly intellectual faculties who forged my domain knowledge. Four years of my journey with an amazing student community unwrapped a world of open-mindedness in me. Being part of the tech festival, i.e. MINDKRAFT and symposiums with students and faculties, moulded an effective communicator in me, and this has widely influenced my corporate leadership journey in the last ten years. Most importantly, the spiritual atmosphere and the value-based education at Karunya are enabling me to ”Rise and Shine” for Jesus. All glory and honour to Jesus
My four years at Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences has been the best and amazing memory to cherish. The years spent here had been me learn and explore alot which I would I never did if I would not have come long way here to Karunya. The environment and the faculties of our Department of Biotechnology, has always motivated each and every students to pursue their dreams that too in an effective way too...Read More
I will always be thankful to Lord for the opportunity of spending 4 academic years in Karunya University, it’s been one good and memorable journey. My time at Karunya and at School of Biotechnology, taught me to come out of my comfort zone and face the corporate world. To be an Under Graduate and getting hired by an MNC is a great blessing, all credits to KITS and the faculties of School of Biotechnology...Read More
Department of Biotechnology,
Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences,
Coimbatore - 641114