Division of Robotics Engineering at Karunya University
Division of Robotics Engineering
Robotics Engineering @ Karunya
The growth of robotics has been tremendously high in the recent years and the next few years are to witness stupendous advancements in robotic technology especially with the advent of Industry 4.0. Consequent to this paradigm shift in technology, Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses in Robotics & Automation has become one of the top most career choices among the aspirants. Robotics and Automation is an interdisciplinary branch which amalgamates various fields of Engineering that include Mechanical, Electronics, Computer Science, Sensors and Instrumentation, Industrial Automation, Artificial Intelligence and Machine learning, Nanotechnology, Bio Engineering, Machine Vision and many more. This course enriches the takers with knowledge related to design, construction, operation, and applications of robots as well as the techniques of industrial automation
Started in 2018 at KITS, B.Tech - Robotics and Automation has rapidly gained momentum owing to the increasing demand for robotics and automation engineers . The department houses several state-of-the-art labs which aim to inculcate the urge for research and innovation. The curriculum at Karunya is thoughtfully curated for current industry requirement based on inputs from veterans in the relevant domains belonging to academia and industry. It equips the students in par with the industry standards and fosters an innovative attitude that leads them to become entrepreneurs. The department also has robust tie-ups with various industries and is currently collaborating with many more in order to provide a platform for the students to be exposed to latest trends in the field of robotics and automation.
To raise engineers and researchers with technical expertise on par with international standards, professional attitude and ethical values with the ability to apply acquired knowledge, to have a productive career and empower spiritually to serve humanity
To equip the students with adequate knowledge in the field of Robotics and Automation with exemplary values on a spiritual foundation.
To enhance the research initiatives in the department focusing on human problems thereby making lasting contribution to science, technology and society.
Graduates will have ability to:
- Engineering knowledge:Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage:Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society:Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability:Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics:Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication:Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning:Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Internships done Abroad by Our Students
I am grateful and humbled in expressing my gratitude to the department and IAESTE where I was given the opportunity to do my internship abroad in Universidad Pontificia Bolivarian Colombia - South America where I worked on bio gasification and image processing. The opportunities are galore in the department and our faculty have always made it easy for us to comprehend the complexities of our syllabus and they turn our classrooms into interactive learning sessions. I conclude on a happy note that I'm extremely privileged to be a part of this department
It is a wonderful experience for me pursue my B.Tech degree in EIE at Karunya. The institute has a wonderfully designed study pattern which helps us practice and apply both our technical skills and theoretical knowledge as an instrumentation engineer into action. We have very well facilitated laboratories with experienced technicians. This department has given me confidence to approach the outside world fearlessly by incorporating skills required for the present job market. I had opportunity do my internship at Universidad Nacional de San Juan, Argentina for which I am thankful to the department and university.
When I joined Karunya, I had no idea it was going to be so life-changing. I have loved every minute since stepping out of the plane to this beautiful city All the social events, traveling, and just the overall memories have shaped me into a better global citizen, and I will be forever be grateful for my time here. I am so happy that I am placed in Accenture. It's amazing how immersed we get into this whole different culture, and I can't help but fall more and more in love with Karunya.
Karunya gave me opportunities to harness the leadership potential within me. Karunya is the place where my dreams have come true. Currently I am undergoing Internship as Project Trainee in Robert Bosch Engineering and Business Solutions Private Limited, Bangalore. It was a very good experience. I am very grateful to my faculty members and the department.
I thank the Almighty for the wonderful opportunity to pursue my Master degree in Embedded System at Karunya. My project titled, “Design of controller for efficient implementation of steward platform for various mechatronics applications” has been awarded the best project.
Division of Robotics Engineering
Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences
Coimbatore, India- 641114.
Phone No: 0422-2614432.