Courses Offered by the Department of Applied Physics
- B.Sc. Optometry is a full time 4 year undergraduate program. The programme essentially involves an advanced study of the clinical skills involved in professionally measuring eyesight, prescribing corrective lenses, and detecting eye diseases. The final year will be an internship program and will be taken up by the students at leading eye Hospitals.
- Pass in 10 + 2 or equivalent examination in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics / Biology / Computer Science or similar subjects from a recognized board with 50% of marks (overall percentage in H.Sc / +2).
- M.Sc. Physics is a full time 2 year postgraduate program. Candidates who are enrolled in the M.Sc Physics course learn about various topics associated with the concepts of Physics like Classical Mechanics, Quantum Mechanics, Nuclear physics, Solid State Physics, Spectroscopy, Semiconductor Physics, Statistical Physics, and Electromagnetic Theory etc. The entire course is the combination of the academic curriculum, laboratories, and projects.
- 50% of marks in the qualifying examination (B.Sc. Physics / B.Sc. Applied Sciences / B.Sc. Applied Physics or Equivalent).
- The PhD-program in physics provides an education within experimental and theoretical physics and aims at giving the candidates a broad professional background in physics. The candidate can focus the program towards a variety of topics based on on-going research activities at the Department of Physics.
- Candidates should have passed M. Phil. Degree or M.Sc. in Physics or Material Science with minimum 60 % marks or equivalent CGPA.