Applied Chemistry Lab
Chemistry plays an important role in all disciplines of engineering. The objective of the Applied Chemistry Lab is to acquaint the students with practical knowledge of the basic phenomenon/concepts of chemistry, the student face during course of their study in the industry and engineering field. The students with the knowledge of the basic chemistry, will be able to understand and explain scientifically the various chemistry related problems in the industry/engineering and develop experimental skills for building technical competence.
Applied Chemistry Lab is well equipped with latest instruments such as digital pH meter, polarimeter spectrophotometer, conductivity meter, distilled water plant, magnetic stirrer, electric oven, muffle furnace, glass ware, and chemicals.
List of experiments in Applied Chemistry Lab :
- Estimation of sodium hydroxide.
- Estimation of Fe2+ ions.
- Estimation of Total, Permanent and Temporary hardness by EDTA method.
- Estimation of Alkalinity in water sample.
- Estimation of dissolved oxygen in water sample.
- Estimation of Iodine Content in Iodized Common Salt
- Estimation of Copper in Brass
- Estimation of Calcium in Milk Powder
- Conductametric estimation of an acid.
- Potentiometric estimation of Fe2+ ions.
- pH Measurements for Acid/Alkali Titration.
- Estimation of iron in water sample by spectrophotometry.
- Analysis by Thin Layer Chromatography
- Preparation of Aspirin
- Preparation of Chrome Yellow (School Bus Yellow)
- Chemical analysis of a salt
Forensic Science Lab:
The forensics lab houses a range of industry-standard equipment that the students will learn to use during their study. 60 students in a batch can carry-out their experiments in this Laboratory. This will prepare them for work in the field of forensics in commercial and police department laboratories, as well as help them develop analytical skills that will serve them well in any role. Experiments related to Forensic Chemistry, Forensic Ballistics, Forensic Toxicology, etc. can be carried out in this laboratory.
The experiments related to organic chemistry, physical chemistry and inorganic chemistry can be carried out by the students in this spacious PG Laboratory. All modern equipment are available for the benefit of the students.