The Programs offered by the department are
- B.Sc. (Hons) Chemistry (Full Time 3 years) (Full Time 3 years)
- B.Sc. Forensic Science (Full Time 3 years)
- M.Sc. Forensic Science (Full time 2 years)
- M.Sc. Chemistry (Full time 2 years)
- M.Phil. Chemistry (Full Time (One Year) / Part Time (Two Years))
- Ph.D. Chemistry (Full Time / Part Time)
- Ph.D. Forensic Science (Full Time / Part Time)
The Department offers various chemistry courses for B.Sc., B.Tech., M.Tech., and M.Sc., programmes conducted by other departments. In addition, the department offers courses tailored for students from other departments.
The Department offers a Applied chemistry, Applied chemistry laboratory and the environmental sciences courses for the undergraduate B.Tech., students in the first year of their Engineering program
The M.Sc Chemistry program contains courses from the fundamental topics of chemistry and many advanced courses in frontier areas of chemistry. Apart from chemistry elective subjects, course on Mathematics and a course on computer science can be selected as elective by the students. The graduates of the Department are sought after by academic institutions and the industries.
M.Phil Chemistry Program Full time (One Year) / Part time (Two Years)
- The M.Phil Chemistry programme includes an integrated sequence of course work and research in various branches of Chemistry.
- Many of our former M.Phil. students are doing Ph.D elsewhere.
Ph.D Program Full time / Part time
- The Ph.D Chemistry programme includes an integrated sequence of course work and research in various branches of Chemistry.
- Many of our doctoral students are gone for post doctoral studies to several institutions across the globe.