Division of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
The Division of Electrical and Electronics Engineering was established in 1994. It is well equipped with highly commendable facilities and is effectively guided by a set of devoted and diligent staff members. The Division has also signed MoA with industries like SIEMENS Centre of Excellence for “Automation and Drives” - Siemens Authorized Training Centre for the entire Southern India , supported by Siemens (German multinational conglomerate company headquartered in Munich and the largest industrial manufacturing company in Europe) , SALZER Electronics Limited (which is one of the leading industries in Electrical Protection Device and Modern Sensor Manufacturing in India) , SELENS Elevators Pvt.Ltd to provide Industrial Certification Training . Students are offered with innovative projects, in plant trainings and internships through this collaboration.
To produce globally competent electrical and electronics engineers for addressing the needs of humanity with ethical values.
- To empower the students with knowledge in recent trends in Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
- To impart technical skills to resolve industrial problems through innovative teaching learning practices and research.
- To raise professionals, academicians, researchers and entrepreneurs with a passion for solving societal problems.
Engineering Graduates will be able to do:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The Engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance:Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.