Programme Educational Objectives (PEO's)
The educational objectives of a programme are the statements that describe the expected achievements of graduates within first few years of their graduation from the programme. The programme objectives, may be guided by global and local needs, vision of the Institution, long term goals etc. For defining the program objectives the faculty members of the programme must continuously work with local employers, industry and RD advisors, and the alumni. The objectives of a programme can be broadly defined on five counts:
- Preparation: To prepare students to excel in postgraduate programmes or to succeed in industry / technical profession through global, rigorous education.
- Core Competence: To provide students with a solid foundation in mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals required to solve engineering problems and also to pursue higher studies.
- Breadth: To train students with good scientific and engineering breadth so as to comprehend, analyse, design, and create novel products and solutions for the real life problems.
- Professionalism: To inculcate in students professional and ethical attitude, effective communication skills, teamwork skills, multidisciplinary approach, and an ability to relate engineering issues to broader social context.
- Learning Environment: To provide student with an academic environment aware of excellence, leadership, written ethical codes and guidelines, and the life-long learning needed for a successful professional career.
Within above five broad categories, each programme may define its own objectives appropriate for the specific discipline.
- Graduates will demonstrate a thorough knowledge of basic sciences including, Mathematics, Physics , Chemistry, Environmental Sciences and other basic engineering subjects like Civil Engineering, Electrical, Mechanical and Computer programming.
- Graduates will acquire the knowledge of Food chemistry, biochemistry, microbiology and additives and appreciate the importance of these in solving practical problems related to Food processing and preservation.
- Graduates will demonstrate an ability to identify, formulate and solve problems related to Food Engineering and Technology like Cereal Technology, Dairy, Meat, confectionery, Food Packaging etc.
- Graduates will demonstrate an ability to design a system, component or process as per needs and specifications of the Food Industry.
- Graduates will demonstrate an ability to visualize and work on laboratory and multidisciplinary approach to solve problems relating to Food Processing and Engineering Industry.
- Graduates will demonstrate knowledge of professional and ethical responsibilities.
- Graduates will demonstrate the importance of economics in designing processes and products and deliver appropriate solutions.
- Graduate will be able to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form.
- Graduate will develop confidence for self-education and ability for life-long learning.
- Graduate will develop competence the ability to participate and succeed in competitive examinations including GATE, GRE, CAT etc.